Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bling-ed out Friendship Bracelets DIY

For those who know me, I like my bling :) So I have been eyeing these one-of-a-kind colorful rhinestone friendship bracelets made by Frieda and Nellie for a while. Have always been a fan of bright colored friendship bracelets and rhinestones, so the two together are a match made in heaven.


However, I could not afford to spend $150+ on one so decided to make my own. Voila!



It's actually quite simple. You can get some rhinestone bracelets on ebay for about $10. Make sure they have slots throughout the bracelet so you can fit the friendship bracelet through. 

Below are some other bracelets that I bought but haven't found a friendship bracelet thin enough to slide through yet. I plan to stack the three once they are all completed. You can of course also make your own friendship bracelets. I just haven't had the time or skills to do so. The green and purple one above was just a bracelet I happened to pick up at a street vendor during a festival in Little Italy, New York.


While doing some shopping on ebay, I also bought this necklace which looked similar to the one that Carrie was wearing in the first Sex and the City movie. I've been on the hunt for something like this!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, your version looks better than the real one! Great work!

    ReplyDelete